VICO Indonesia realizes that long-term relationships built based on trust and common interest is vital to the success of the company's business.
The company's commitment is to have an active and consistent approach in managing social problems as well as ensuring that the operation went smoothly with the support of the community. This approach is based on "Gotong Royong" or mutual assistance principle, a strong tradition that has been rooted in the Indonesia society. VICO Indonesia as a part of the society is also participating in creating a conducive and safe environment at her operations area.
VICO Indonesia has the basic principles of Community Development Programs to support the Operations and Government Relations and Community Relations, such as:
- Developing effective communication program with stakeholders.
- Perform activities that are mutually beneficial with contractors.
- Respect and highly regard human rights.
- Creating programs that are mutually approved and transparent and monitor the implementation.
- Avoid awarding the donation in cash.
- Give priority to programs that aimed to improve the economic and education for wider impact to the community.
- Ensure the program to be accountable and in line with the regulations as well as monitor through performance indicators and clear reporting.
The Implementation of Community Development Program has the main purpose to help society around the operation area, especially in the improvement of economy and prosperity. Thus, local community will receive the real benefits from VICO Indonesia. Community development programs include development of education, culture, economic, health, environment, and public facilities.
VICO Indonesia expects that the Community Development Programs to Support the Operations, Government Relations and Community Relations implemented by the Company will improve the community welfare in the VICO's operations area.